Invest in the BCDA
Make a Difference in Your Community…Invest in the BCDA Today!
Blairsville Downtown and the surrounding area are being revitalized! This revitalization –updated storefronts, new businesses, and a riverfront trail– makes Blairsville a better place to live, work, play and raise a family. The Blairsville Community Development Authority (BCDA) is a major player in Blairsville’s revitalization.
The BCDA and the Borough have:
- A proven track record of leveraging local, state, federal and private resources to create an environment that encourages people and jobs to locate in Blairsville Downtown and the surrounding areas.
- Worked together to obtain and invest over $5 million dollars in community projects!
Projects sponsored and/or supported by the BCDA are listed below.
- Blairsville Riverfront Trail
- Connecting Blairsville to the regional trail system
- Demolition of the former Vale-Tech buildings
- Blairsville Riverfront Village housing development
- Comedy Night Live
- Blairsville Day Golf Outing
- Community Clean Up/Adopt-a-Street Program
- Sidewalks/Lampposts/Market Street Planters –part of an award-winning streetscape project!
- Community garden
- Knotweed Festival
- Elm Street Program/Façade Improvement Program
- New Blairsville Downtown sign on US Route 22 West
Help us do more! Please make a tax-deductible contribution to the BCDA.
Sustainability of the BCDA depends on limited operational funds that are available from the Department of Community and Economic Development (DCED), municipal contributions, and the generosity of individual donors like you. Please consider making a gift to the BCDA. Your investment will be used to help strengthen the organizational capacity of the BCDA—sponsor community projects, support neighborhood revitalization and downtown reinvestment, and help maintain and improve the Blairsville Riverfront Trail.
Please make your tax-deductible contribution payable to the BCDA and mail to:
130 W Market Street, Blairsville, PA 15717